Tuesday 13 December 2016

Advent #13

Today has been a great day! I have had the privilege of enjoying not one but two Christmas performances. Today 'being mum' has been an absolute pleasure.

Taking time to consider what actually brings me joy has made me think about what I actually consider as important.

I know that in the past I have placed too much importance on Christmas being about the presents I receive. As I look back I can remember that I have expected too much and felt disappointed when my expectations were not met. However I am now beginning to realise that memories and shared moments can be more precious than material things.

Today I am thankful because I am blessed. As Advent continues on I would like to be mindful of the many blessings I have. Instead of pondering about what I do not have and what I think might make my life better, I choose to look at all that I do have and take pleasure and joy from that.



No comments:

Post a Comment