Thursday 22 December 2016

Advent #22

Only 3 more sleeps! How did that happen?!?!

Before he went to sleep, Noah and I were discussing how many more times we would be doing Advent Box. We were talking about how people countdown to Christmas differently and he was rather intrigued when I mentioned that some people start Advent early and for them it lasts 40 days. I think he thought it would be a good idea as it would mean doing Advent Box more times!

There are many different Advent traditions and themes and people experience Advent in a variety of ways. Around the world traditions will differ, maybe around the corner they will as well. Our experience of Advent may be quite similar or it may be quite varied.

For the last 22 days I have joined with many, many others in the countdown to Christmas. I know very few of these others, yet we have all been united in our waiting, hoping, anticipating.

One of Advent traditions that some follow is that each Sunday has a theme and these can be hope, peace, joy, and love. How amazing would that be if we were united in these things too?

To share hope - hope that lifts our gaze and holds on to the certainty of brighter, better days.
To feel peace - peace that comes from holding on to what is good and true.
To have joy - joy that comes from knowing I am where I am meant to be so I will live for today.
To share love - love that is real and honest.

I know that I would like to have more hope, more peace, more joy and more love - I am not going to turn down having more of these things in my life.

In 3 more sleeps, Advent will be over. However there are some parts of Advent I do not want to put away in a box until next year. I hope that I can continue on with hope, peace, joy and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment