Sunday 18 December 2016

Advent #18

I often get to the end of the day and think where did that day go! Some days feel like they are over before they have even started!

Today has been another lovely day, with plenty of carols, a fantastic Nativity (I think I may be a slightly proud and biased mum!), friendship and laughter.

There may be more going on at the moment with all the Christmas events and activities which may make the day whizz along, yet for me, there is always a precious moment to be found in the day.

It may be an unexpected hug, a kind word, a laugh out loud moment, a thank you, a silly text message conversation or a message shared.

If I am not careful, I could miss these moments or not take the time to appreciate them. If I look only to myself then it may be that these things will pass me by. However if I am intentional and keep my eyes on the view around me, then I believe I am more likely to see others and see opportunities. To find these precious moments, my direction of looking must be outwards not inwards.

So tomorrow, the sun will bring its new day and my intention is to look around me and in the hustle and bustle of the season, I shall pause and hopefully find those shared precious moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment