Thursday 15 December 2016

Advent #15

For the first time in quite a few years, tonight, I went late night Christmas Shopping. Even though it was dark and it is Christmas, both my sister-in-law and I were very pleased and somewhat surprised to see the lovely Christmas lights decorating our fine city's streets!

The lights are all around and look really quite beautiful. There is even the UK's first 'tunnel of light' to appreciate and of course take the customary selfie inside!

The lights are attractive, I could have stood and gazed at them for a long time. As I write about them now the words I am using to describe the Christmas lights are all good.

Light is often mentioned during Advent and again this Light is good and bright and true.

With every sun comes a new day and the opportunity to, like the lights, shine out. I would like to be seen as bright and true. It is not going to happen all the time and there will be occasions when my light dims. However by looking to the Light that never dulls and always stays true, I hope I can find strength and encouragement to keep burning brightly.



No comments:

Post a Comment