Tuesday 20 December 2016

Advent #20

Today, I haven't made the best choices with my words. I got cross when something was broken and I let myself get too stressed because I wanted it to be fixed when really it can wait until tomorrow.

I could make excuses and say I am tired and that I feel like I may be getting a bit of a cold. I could say there is so much extra to do so therefore it is understandable that I got stressy.

However, I spoke in a way I should not have and that is completely my fault. I know that I would rather show gentleness and kindness and self control. I know that I would like to behave better than I sometimes do.

Here in the moment, I have a choice. I could stop and stay in the guilt of getting it wrong or I could step forward. I am sorry and I have said sorry so I would like to step on in the grace and forgiveness that I am freely given. I would like to try again tomorrow and have another go at showing gentleness and kindness and self control.

With every sun comes a new day and new opportunities to make a better day.


No comments:

Post a Comment