Tuesday 21 June 2016

By The River


Earlier today I sat by the river, in the midst of the wonder of creation. The river is fulfilling its purpose, seeming in some places completely still yet continuously moving. 

In this section of the river there is no rushing of water and even though there is noise all around, there is peace. 

I would like to be as the river is. The river has it's source (where is begins) and it's mouth (where it flows into another river or the sea). The source of the river is continuous and constant. I have realised that in order for me to flow as I should my source needs to be continuous. In order for me to fulfil my purpose I need to be flowing from a constant supply. 

My supply comes from a steadfast, unchanging love. A love that is lavished upon me and a love that does not fail. With love as my source I hope to bring love into the lives I run into to. 

My source is continuous and unchanging, however I can interrupt the flow. I might take on rubbish or I might build myself a dam. Then love is no longer my greatest source. Other things get in the way or I begin to control what sources me. 

Just as there seems stillness in the river, there must be a time when I am still, looking back to my source which in turn becomes my strength. 

I believe that perfect love should be my source. I must protect that source, make time to fill myself and flow from there. 

As I gain purpose from my source I hope that with each new day I journey, love flows with me. When it does not, I hope that I do not get swept away with the current but instead find the stillness in order to again be filled from my source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment