Tuesday 26 April 2016

Pieces


I am broken. I have been brought to my knees and I am in pieces. In my head I see a wrecking ball which swung, smashed into me and I came apart. 

I did not want to stay smashed so I began the process of building myself back up. I started to put the pieces back together again. This is a slow journey and I believe I will always be a work in progress. Sometimes the wrecking ball swings again and smashes into me, however each time this happens I am now not completely knocked apart. 

With every sun comes a new day and the choice to rebuild, reshape and correct who I am. Being broken meant that I came apart and as those pieces of me come back together, they come together in new and different ways. Bit by bit, piece by piece, I am being built into something better. There are pieces that are built back on that need to be chiselled off because, I am a work in progress. 

Being broken was not something I would have chosen as it hurts in so many ways and it brings mess, such a lot of mess. Yet, with the brokenness comes beauty and the beauty is found in the One who gives me strength to face each new day. 

There are loving hands that are gently placing those pieces back together. There is a love that looks upon me and is proud of me. This love is committed to me and tenderly reshapes and remoulds me. 


"Unreserved, unrestrained,

Your love is wild for me

It isn't shy, it's unashamed
Your love is proud to be seen with me

You don't give Your heart in pieces
You don't hide Yourself to tease us

Your love's not fractured
It's not a troubled mind
It isn't anxious
It's not the restless kind
Your love's not passive
It's never disengaged
It's always present
It hangs on every word we say
Love keeps its promises
It keep its word
It honours what's sacred
'Cause its vows are good
Your love's not broken
It's not insecure
Your love's not selfish
Your love is pure"

I am so grateful for the lyrics to this song, Pieces for they tell me how much I am loved. When the wrecking ball shattered me in to pieces, I lifted my gaze and looked to the One who loves me unreservedly. I am covered by a 'Love that is proud to be seen with me'!! WOW!! I can find strength in this love that comes without any condition and accepts me broken as I am. With every sun, I know I am being made new and with that Love walking beside me, together we continue placing those pieces back together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment