Tuesday 12 July 2016

I Am The One And Only!

I  am learning that 'me' is who I am meant to be! Right here, in this moment is where I am intended to be.

I am aware that I may be stating the obvious, however there have been many times when I have wanted to be someone else. Or I have thought that I would rather be doing what someone else was doing.

A song from my teenage years comes to mind and the chorus says,
"I am the one and only
Nobody I'd rather be
I am the one and only
You can't take that away from me!"

This is a better chorus to be speaking over my life. If I believe I was created on purpose and for a purpose then I am who I am meant to be! I am the one and only me! 

Rather than be dismayed at who I am I should rejoice in who I am. Honestly, I find it a bit strange to be celebrating who I am. It does not seem very modest to be shouting about 'the one and only Ruth!'

For this moment, I think I would like to go against the norm and I am going to be excited about the one and only me. I shall try my best to live the life I am meant to be living. I am not supposed to be living anyone else's life. 

I am going to be brave and dream big dreams that are meant for me. I am going to choose not to try and borrow anyone else's dreams. 

With every sun comes a new day and today I hope to be intentional about discovering just who I am meant to be...


No comments:

Post a Comment