Sunday 15 November 2015

For Every Action...

During this last week I had cause to think of Newton's Third Law of Motion. I'm not really a Science person (I only know what the law is called as I asked Google!) and in the first instance I didn't quite get Newton's third law correct. My initial thoughts were about how for every action there is reaction. The law actually says, 'For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'. So as I walk I push against the floor and the floor pushes against me - the actions are equal yet opposite in direction. 

For every action done unto me, I react. For every word spoken to me, I react. How I react is entirely up to me and there was a reason why Newton's Third Law popped into my head. I needed to react in a way that was opposite and going in another direction. 

Sometimes I treat others in a way I should not and there are times when I am treated in a way I do not wish to be treated. 
Therefore I need to consider my reaction. I am the only one who can decide how I treat others. No one makes my choices for me. The same goes for how I react when I am hurt, my reaction is my choice...

...stillness rather than anger
...forgiveness rather than revenge
...trust rather than fear
...love rather than hurt

These are not easy choices. Going in the opposite direction takes perseverance and patience. It involves a lot of grace and humility. It requires a lot of strength to go against what I am feeling inside. 

However it brings peace, it means there are no words I wish I could take back and I am following the best example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment