Thursday 22 September 2016

How Do I?

With every sun comes a new day and in that day there are things to do, people to see, words to be said, thoughts to be thought, moments to be shared and opportunities to be taken. 

However things, people, words, thoughts, moments, opportunities do not always go as planned and do not always happened as hoped. 

I get it wrong and at times I completely mess up. I do not do the things I should do, my words are not as kind as they could be, people might see the wrong side of me, my thoughts are not thoughtful, moments are spoilt and opportunities are wasted.

In these times I can react and cover up my mess by heaping the blame on to someone else. Or I can choose to do things differently and consider why I messed up, why I chose reaction over response. It is not always easy to speak the good and right things into the lives of the people we have the privilege of sharing. However it is my responsibility to press into what is good and right and make every effort to uphold truth and show worth. 

Today I would like to try and be someone who tries to do, see, say, think and be in a better way. I hope I can give myself a bit of slack when I get it wrong. I pray that when I fall, because I inevitably will, I can dig deep to hold on to what I know is true as I get back up. 

So today, as I do, see, say, think and be, I hope that I can find the strength to pause a moment and then, as I continue on make the better choice and respond with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment