Tuesday 3 January 2023

At Last I See The Light...

'At last I see the light...'

These words from song in Rapunzel, have just popped in my head! It is one of my favourite Disney films but the children are not so keen, so I have not watched it for a long while.

Why these words?
I was sat in my room, thinking, wondering, feeling...it's crazy how far my thoughts can travel in just a few moments. To be honest, the negative thoughts were gaining the most space and I was allowing the thoughts of being a failure to win. Then all of a sudden, my thinking snapped out of the negative into a much brighter place.

Yes, there are things that I get wrong and mess up. I can say the wrong thing and I know I can chose to do the wrong thing. Yet, I also know that I have the strength within me to get back up, to say sorry and to try again.
The problem was that I was allowing my experience to define who I am. I was allowing just one experience to cloud my judgement of what I do.
I am not a failure. Yes, there are things I fail at, however I am not a failure.

'At last I see the light...'
Rather than dwelling on the negative, see the 'light', which for me, in that moment, was that I am succeeding, I am doing a good job. It has not been easy and there are still times when I just want to crumble. However, I am doing it from the strength I have within and from the support I have around me.

So, I will fight those thoughts that try to drown me and I will keep on getting back up and trying again. I will believe in who I am rather than in what has happened.

'… And at last I see the lightAnd it's like the fog has liftedAnd at last I see the lightAnd it's like the sky is newAnd it's warm and real and brightAnd the world has somehow shiftedAll at once everything looks differentNow that I see you.'

For me, the 'you' is Jesus. He enables me to lift my gaze and view things from a better place. 'You've got this', He whispers. And then I see the light, the newness, the warmth and brightness. It looks different; it looks good! 





No comments:

Post a Comment