Monday 23 February 2015

Keep Climbing!

Shall I get out of bed or stay snuggled up and warm? Which jeans - blue or black? Do I put nutella or marmite on my bagel? Do I stand my ground and insist the children have milk on their cereal or do I give in and let them go without today?
I've only been up for half an hour but these and many more decisions have already been made! 

Choices...if I counted the different choices I made each day, I wonder how many there would be? Hundreds! The majority of them will be quite insignificant and in my head I will have answered them before I even finish asking myself! Some of them will be slightly more challenging and will take some time to ponder over. Others will be big decisions to make, maybe ones that I didn't even have any idea were coming my way...then it can feel like a huge mountain needs climbing. 

Although if I consider how things look from the top of that mountain...WOW! What a change in perspective! What a wonderful view! 
If I am faced with a big choice that I know is going to be hard, I may well choose not to climb that mountain and instead choose to take the easier route and walk round the mountain. What view will I then miss out on? 
However, if I choose to stand strong and decide to tackle that mountain, it isn't going to be an easy climb. I might lose my footing along the way, the cloud may descend as I near the top and it will be tiring but when I reach the top...what a view, what beauty!! I will be seeing things I will not have imagined - although I imagine it will take my breath away! 

Whatever the choice...big, small or somewhere in between...there is always help available to make that choice. When facing mountains or even just a bump in the road, I can look to my own strength and make the choice but this may well mean I miss out on a better view. 
Then again, I could face the bump (be it big or small) from a far better standing. If I choose to stand with God as I make these choices, I stand in love, encouragement, hope, security and success...the view from the top will be AMAZING!

"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. 
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:8 (New International Version)



No comments:

Post a Comment